Laser treatments offer a pain-free way to improve the appearance of your skin. With the help of our Forest Hills, NY, dermatologist, Dr. Tamara Moss of Moss Dermatology, you can benefit from IPL facial photorejuvenation, an innovative cosmetic dermatology treatment.
Who can benefit from IPL treatments?
Intense pulsed laser (IPL) treatments are used to treat a variety of skin conditions that affect the face, including:
- Acne: Pimples develop when your pores become clogged with sebum. Although the oily substance helps keep your skin soft, too much of it can cause acne. IPL treatments shrink your sebaceous glands, reducing the production of oil. The laser treatment also increases collagen production, which may decrease scarring from acne lesions.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Increasing collagen production also helps diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Collagen is a natural body protein responsible for skin elasticity and tone.
- Age Spots, Freckles and Dark Patches: It's not unusual to develop a few age spots, freckles or darker areas of skin as you age. IPL treatments target and break down melanin, the pigment that gives the spots their color. After the melanin breaks down, it's absorbed by your body.
- Broken Capillaries, Spider Veins and Rosacea: Laser treatments are just as effective at breaking up the red blood cells that make broken capillaries, spider veins or areas of red skin noticeable.
- Hair Removal: If you're tired of tweezing and waxing stray hairs, you may want to consider IPL treatments instead. The energy generated by the laser stops new hairs from growing by damaging hair follicles.
Is IPL treatment painful?
Producing laser light in pulses, rather than one continuous beam, helps eliminate pain. In fact, most people only notice a mild warmth or stinging sensation during their sessions. Before you begin your treatment in our Forest Hills office, we'll apply a cool gel to your skin to help keep you comfortable and reduce skin irritation. During the treatment, a stream of cool air aimed at your skin will reduce the sensation of warmth. You can immediately return to your usual activities after an IPL session. Although you may notice slight reddening of your skin, it will disappear within a few days.
Cosmetic dermatology treatments like IPL facial rejuvenation offer a simple, effective way to enhance your appearance. Call our Forest Hills, NY, dermatologist, Dr. Moss of Moss Dermatology, at (718) 268-3161 to schedule your appointment.